Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy Gluten Free Anniversary To Me!

So, it was ONE year ago....October 18, 2008....that I made the switch to gluten free! WOW! What a year it has been. 105 blog posts, some baking successes, some failures...new friends...new knowledge...but, best of all....

I am healthy!

I am the healthiest I have ever been in my life. Before this, I never knew what it was like to feel well. I can say with confidence that NOW, I (usually!) truly feel WELL! It is an amazing feeling. I can't believe I made it a year!

No cheating! Not knowingly, anyway! Not even once.

I think I should go bake myself a gluten free cake or something!!! :)

And, just because I want to pat myself on the back again ;)...I successfully finished the Chicago Marathon last Sunday! I could have NEVER fulfilled this dream pre-GF lifestyle. Long story short, I had more than 1...shall we say..."bathroom mis-adventure" while running last summer/fall. Suffice it to say there is absolutely NO WAY I would've EVER been able to make it through a marathon (and probably not even a half marathon) without living GF!

So, I'll say it again...Happy Gluten Free Anniversary to ME!!!!!!



..and, happy wedding anniversary to my parents, who have been married 29 years today! WOW!!!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany