Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dr. Stephen Wangen

I love this guy! I have his book, Healthier Without Wheat, that is all about non-celiac gluten intolerance (which is what my doctor believes I am presenting with). I found a powerpoint of a presentation he gave online, which is great...and explains things very simply.

Basically...people with celiac disease represent a SMALL percentage of the overall population of people who have gluten intolerance. Gluten intolerance is not a less-severe form of celiac disease....it can cause all of the same signs/symptoms/issues. Basically the only difference is that you do not have "villous atrophy"....but you still have a host of other issues. There are 130+ issues that can be caused by gluten intolerance. It's crazy!!

Here's a link to his blog: http://ibstreatmentcenter.blogspot.com/

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany