Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Olive Garden!

Ok, this may not be really "new" news in the Gluten Free world...but it is news to me! My friend Jillian just let me know that Olive Garden has a gluten free menu! I knew they had a gluten free menu already...and I thanked her for the knowledge but said I already knew that. She went on to say, however, that they now have a gluten free pasta! Previously when I had checked their website, I think they only had steak/chicken/salmon options! (But, again, I hadn't checked their website in a while)
Now, indeed, they do have a gluten free penne pasta with marinara option. Also, I noted that their yummy salad (without crutons, of course ;) ) is gluten free! I do love their house Italian dressing, so that was awesome to see :).
So, all of you GF lovers, go check out your local Olive Garden for some yummy GF eats! It's always fantastic to have another GF restaurant option :).
Click here for the GF menu :).

THANKS JILLIAN

(as with any Gluten Free-claiming-menu....be responsible and check with your server/a manager to ensure that measures have been taken to prevent cross-contamination.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you know what the Olive Garden does to avoid cross contamination? It seems like a place where they could easily through gluten-free pasta into a pot of water used with other pastas by accident. I would be wary.

Rachel Lynn said...

Erin, I don't know. Honestly...I haven't been to Olive Garden in years. Since going GF in October of 2008 I definitely haven't eaten there (I think I went there for wine one night with friends after work...but haven't been there other than that :)).
I hear you on the wariness. You can never be too careful. Clearly I'd call ahead to check on those kinds of things (to be sure they used different water, etc.) before eating there.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany