Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Rudi's Gluten Free Bread

So we have potluck lunches every so often at work (usually my idea ;). I head up the "Fun Committee" at work...a very boring, very vanilla name for a group of co-workers who tries to come up with fun ways of promoting a more exciting workplace and making relationship-building a priority)...

Obviously potlucks are really no place for gluten allergies, or food allergies of any kind for that matter. Usually I can eat what I bring...and maybe 1-2 other things, if that. Really, it doesn't bother me much...if at all. 2 years ago when I started this "journey"...I usually got annoyed. Once I even skipped a work lunch because pizza was being served and I really didn't want to deal with sitting there and being the only one who wasn't eating pizza. It probably sounds completely lame...but it was really hard for me to be the "odd man out."

So, yesterday we had a potluck. My co-worker, Debra, signed up to bring bread (the "main dishes" at this particular potluck were a variety of soups). In addition to a loaf of "normal" ;) bread...she brought a loaf of multi-grain gluten free bread made by Rudi's...a company I'd never heard of until that moment!

IT WAS DELICIOUS!

If you've ever tried gluten free bread...you know that most gluten free breads leave more than a few things to be desired. Taste. Texture. UGH...gluten free bread is usually pretty nasty and similar to cardboard or styrofoam.

Rudi's though....delicious! Really! I ate two slices dipped in my carnitas taco soup (made by me ;)).

Check out the website: Rudi's Gluten Free Bakery

I am not sure where Deb found the bread...but I looked on the website, and they do carry it at Naturally Yours here in Bloomington! WOO HOO! :) You can search on the site under the "where to buy" option and search for locations near you where you can buy this yummy bread! Apparently they are a few different varieties...the one I tried was the multigrain, and again...I'd completely recommend it! :) Two thumbs WAY up! AND...FYI, it's dairy free as well! :)

I am already looking forward to my toast in the morning...complete with homemade cherry jam from my friend Jami! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am already a big fan of Rudi's but after meeting their team, I support them even more. They are passionate about bringing us GREAT tasting gluten-free bread. If you want their bread in your local store, I know you can print off a letter to give to the store manager. You might want to contact Rudi's to ask them for that letter.

Rachel Lynn said...

Yahoo! :)
Thanks for the tip.
I really do love their multigrain bread and plan to try the other varieties.
Yummy!

Paula - on behalf of Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery said...

Rachel – I can’t tell you how happy I am to hear that you were introduced to our new gluten-free bread and that you loved it! My day is made! Thank you so much for your kind words.

While Rudi’s Organic Bakery has been around since 1976, we just launched our new gluten-free line of breads earlier this year. We used our 34 years of baking experience – and went through 200 different recipes – to try to make you a gluten-free bread that looks, feels, and tastes like real bread. But what we’re most proud of is that fact that our breads are made with only the highest quality, all-natural and organic ingredients; you won’t find any modified starches, gums or preservatives in our gluten-free breads.

When you have a chance, be sure to try our Cinnamon Raisin and Original varieties and let me know what you think. And, give a big hug and a thank you to your friend, Debra, for us. She’s obviously a good lady!

Thanks again,
-Paula, on behalf of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery

And Erin - Thank you for your support! We're thrilled to know you.

Rachel Lynn said...

Paula--
Thanks so much for your comment :). I will DEFINITELY be trying the other varieties of your bread. I LOVE the multi-grain bread, I can't sing enough praises of it! It made a DELICIOUS grilled cheese sandwich the other day. Paired with some Imagine brand creamy tomato soup (my favorite store-bought GF soup)...and it was a bit of heaven on earth! :)
Paula, I am SO excited to have discovered your awesome company! Thank you SO much for all you do for the GF community :).

And, Erin, thanks for the link to your post about Rudi's! Awesome!! :)

Have a wonderful day, ladies :)

~Rachel

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany