Thursday, May 28, 2009

Check this out!

If you're a dork like me, you might find this interesting. I haven't quite looked through it as in-depth as I want to, but I plan on going through it closely over the next week or so.

Today I went to (I know, this is totally unrelated to gluten intolerance ;)) a conference about Childhood Apraxia of Speech (pertains to my career as an SLP) and the speaker told us about the Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) website that was created by researchers at Johns Hopkins University...basically you can look for genes for anything that you want. Naturally, I typed in "gluten intolerance" and came up with the following page about Celiac Disease....
Check it out for more information if you are interested!!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/dispomim.cgi?id=212750

Also, in other news....I ate a fast-food lunch today during the break at the conference...I went with some friends to Wendy's since I had read that they have a gluten free menu. I ordered the baked potato with cheese sauce, broccoli, and sour cream (ok....I know I wasn't exactly eating healthy! ;))....all which are listed on Wendy's Gluten Free Menu....but I felt like crap all afternoon. Bloating to the max....and I still feel terrible. No idea what is wrong or what is up with that, but I am not liking it! Sigh.....

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany