Monday, March 23, 2009

WHOLE FOODS

WHOLE FOODS=HEAVEN ON EARTH......oh my goodness! It is seriously my favorite grocery store EVER now!
I had class in Chicago on Saturday so I decided to ask my handydandy little TomTom (actually, Jeremy's...he got it for Christmas from his parents; we hadn't even used the little guy yet!) if there was a Whole Foods nearby...and there was one 9 miles from Oakton Community College, where my class was (long story short, it's some co-op dealie with ISU; sometimes we are at Oakton and sometimes we are at ISU)...so of course I embarked upon the quick journey to go check it out and BOY, was I glad that I did!
EVERYTHING in the store is all-natural and many things are organic as well. BEST part is, though....they have TONS Of GLUTEN FREE GOODIES! The baked goods...oh my goodness...things looked wonderful!
I got a loaf of GF sandwich bread ($7ish, Whole Foods brand; I had read somewhere that it is the best GF bread available), a round loaf of GF sourdough bread, some Bob's Red Mill sorghum flour (I should've stocked up; we have it here, but it was cheaper at Whole Foods), some GF poppyseed salad dressing, some GF rice lasagna noodles (I can never find them!), some organic white wine vinegar, a GF personal-size Glutino brand cheese pizza (!!!), some GF chocolate chip cookie mix (Pamela's brand), and a pre-washed and pre-cut cup of fresh kiwi and strawberry from the produce section (for my "lunch", I ate it as soon as I got in the car!). They had a great produce section!! I really wish we had one of those stores in our town.

But....let me just tell you...the sandwhich bread is PHE-NOM!!!! Seriously!! I made a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch yesterday AND today with it and loveloveLOVED it! After being deprived for FIVE months now it just tasted SOOO good. I've tried a few other kinds but nothing is really GOOD, just "bearable" (well, some are terrible!). This stuff, though, was wonderful. When we go back up to Chi in late April for a race, we will DEFINITELY be stopping by a Whole Foods. It is my new favorite shopping experience!

SO, if you want some great (THE BEST!) GF bread, head on over to a Whole Foods and check out the freezer section which is CHOCK-FULL of many varieties of bread and baked goods. Next time I go, I am going to get the tomato basil bread (the woman who showed me the section at the store recommended it) and either banana bread or carrot cake! YUP, they have stuff like that too! Really!

All Hail Whole Foods!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany