Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bad Attitude

Well, maybe I just have a bad attitude, but I have a feeling today is going to suck. Today we are having a Christmas dessert exchange over lunch. Yes, you guessed it...I won't be able to eat any of it. Let me reiterate that I feel like SUCH A FATTY when I get all sad about food...like the fat kid who is lamenting a donut s/he can't have. That's not it at all. Food is so social...it's a strange feeling to be the one sitting in a big group of people eating something different or not eating at all.

Maybe even more pressing than that issue, though, is the whole issue of baking. I love to bake. I am a more than competent baker, and I know it. (I am not the most confident person in most areas of my life, but I tend to be rather confident in the baking realm!) People eat my stuff and typically people LIKE it too. Not only do they say they like it (that is just being polite ;)), but they come back for seconds or request whatever it is that they had again. Those are the two true indicators of baking success :). Well, I made some of my Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies...non gluten free of course. I was scared they wouldn't turn out with the gluten-free flour, and I didn't really have time to experiement...so I was a pansy and just did it the old way. Nope, I didn't even lick the batter at ALL! Seriously. I made the dough last night, a huge double batch. I have the first tray of cookies in the oven right now. Hope I'm not late for work! ;) Jeremy needs to bring cookies to work tomorrow and he requested the same cookies, since he loves them and coworkers also talk about loving them. SO, I am going to bake his tonight with the remainder (probably the majority) of the dough.

Yeah, I probably should've made myself something gluten free so I could eat something during the exchange...but, like I said, I'm a pansy!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany