Saturday, November 29, 2008

I made it...

...through Thanksgiving! I am currently still in the Quad Cities at my parents' home. It has been a great couple of days.
I had no stomach problems, no reactions to anything these past few days! Granted I also haven't eaten a lot because I am kind of paranoid ;)...but I have felt pretty well!
My mom made her "famous" broccoli cheese soup that Jeremy loves...and used corn starch instead of her typical white flour to thicken it. It tasted great! It was nice on her part, too, to go to that effort.
Of course there have been lots of things I haven't been able to eat...apple muffins this morning for breakfast :(, the Panera sourdough bread that my mom had purchased to go with the aformentioned broccoli cheese soup, pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving dinner :(, apple squares my mom made :(, the 312 beer at the bar last night :( (Jeremy's favorite! I also used to enjoy drinking it with him)...but it's all good. It is going to continue to be a big adjustment period...but adjust and adapt, I will. Of course it won't be easy, and I'll probably complain every now and then (for example, I was inwardly upset this morning to see the delicious looking apple muffins sitting on the table...all warm and cinamonny...that I couldn't eat....but later my mom made a comment that she really will try to start making more gluten-free things. I know it's hard for her, too. I know she'll try!).
My dad is talking my ear off right now and it's hard to concentrate on two things at once...so I should probably take that as a cue to sign off.
Happy Belated Thanksgiving, everyone! :)

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany