Saturday, November 1, 2008

Helping Friends!

Today Jer and I helped two of our great friends, Chuck and Sarah, pack up their belongings and move from their apartment here in town to a house! It was a lot of work...especially for the boys who were moving all of the huge things! Sarah and I packed, unpacked, and ran errands all over town. We also did our best to entertain their two children, Madeline (8) and Asher (4) and keep them out of the way of the movin' men. It was quite a day!
We came home for a bit to rest up and shower, etc...and are going back over in a bit for a cookout. Sarah and I picked up lots of food today for the party and got lots of things I can eat, too! :)
Sarah and I had an interesting talk today about some of our dreams. It started out with me telling her that I want to write a book someday about my misadventures and lessons learned through struggling to live gluten free in a gluten-filled world. I also told her I really want to start a company along the lines of Tastefully Simple...with affordable and easy mixes and such that are all GLUTEN FREE. Well, Sarah completely jumped on that idea....and told me that she has a rather similar dream herself...of opening a bakery/cafe here in Bloomington with totally organic and gluten free products (she doesn't have celiac disease or anything like that....just has always had a desire to live healthily and to feed her family healthy foods). Together we'd be a killer team! We talked about it a lot today...and while we both realize it's a lofty dream and quite a ways out in the future, I think it's definitely something we'll keep discussing...and maybe someday our dreams will become a reality!
I can't even tell you how amazing I would feel to be able to go somewhere and eat anything and everything on the menu!
Hooray for dreams, and hooray for good friends :)

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany