Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Check out my little gluten-free Halloween goodies! I made them and brought them to a party I went to at my friend Amy's house tonight!! :) I got the idea from my good friend, Jen, who made them....her's were lots cuter ;). I kind of rushed through it...made them this evening right before we went to the party! :) The idea is originally from the Betty Crocker website...although I didn't use any of the ingredients suggested, I had to substitute gluten free things :)
In case you can't tell...they are ghosts, Frankenstein monsters, and spiders...on top of brownie bases.



And they were delicious, too! :)
The party was great! I am so thankful for wonderful friends and fun evenings such as this! I had a great time...and didn't feel "deprived" at all, as far as food goes. The hostess, Amy, had saved wrappers/containers of all of the ingredients she used for some of her goodies and went out of her way to be sure I would be able to eat some things at the party. I had some of her homemade spinach/artichoke dip with Tostitos, a meatball, and one of my silly brownie treats :). In addition, another one of my sweet coworkers, Abbey, made a big fruit salad with lots of fresh fruit and didn't add any sauce or anything to it so that she was certain I would be able to eat it. How sweet is that?!
Best of all...I had NO reaction to ANY of it!! :) This was the first night in a long time that I didn't really stress out about what to eat. It was amazing.
Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany