Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I am TRYING!

I really am trying soooo hard...
...not to go crazy, by realizing I can't control everything (i.e., gluten in my environment)
...not to get frustrated when people don't understand. I shouldn't expect them to!
...not to feel ostracized when people talk about food, eating, dining out, etc.
...to realize this is a marathon, not a sprint
...to realize that there are many worse things that could be happening to me!
...to research as much as I can..but I am praying for discretion to know what is best, which sources to trust, etc.
...to be fiscally responsible. I don't NEED to by 12 books about this! I don't NEED a gazillion cookbooks! I don't NEED tons of expensive groceries...I need to shop around and bake from scratch when possible as opposed to buying expensive gluten-free mixes.
...to trust my doctor...but more importantly to trust God. This happened for a reason! Right?
...to be the healthiest I can be and to live life to the fullest!

Throughout my reading, I have found out about some scary things that can happen to someone with Celiac disease who is pregnant. (Again, we don't know for certain if I have it...it's just speculation at this time.) One of my biggest dreams (on most days! ;) ) is to one day be a mommy. Honestly, that is the driving force behind much of this (that is, finding out what is wrong with me and getting WELL). Women who have Celiac disease and consume gluten while they are pregnant have a risk of miscarriage and having a baby with birth defects. In addition, women who have Celiac disease and consume gluten have a risk of infertility! Wow. Pretty daunting!

ALSO, gluten consumed by an individual with Celiac disease can lead to mental fogginess...but worse, to neurological damage!

So, here I am....
trying to do the best I can. Both for myself...and for the babies I hope to have one day.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany