Thursday, October 30, 2008

{sigh}

Well. Tonight I got pissed. I was irritated with....
work (my billable hours for this month blow, I have a ton of reports to write, and a really obnoxious father to deal with),
irritated with my house (I feel like I am so behind on cleaning/laundry and never have time to fully catch up),
irritated with my body (although I am down approximately 5 lbs. right now due to NOT EATING (because half the time I am hungry there is nothing around me I can eat)...I haven't been to the gym since Sunday and that GROSSES me out in a majormajor way),
irritated with friends who didn't acknowledge my birthday (I understand how juvenile that may be),
AND
irritated with a lame Home Show Parties Open House hosted by Easter Seals of Peoria....I dragged all of my Longaberger crap there and SOLD $0.00 worth of merchandise...seriously. The show sucked. I wasn't the only one who sold $0.00, either.
Anyway.
During the long drive home from Peoria to Bloomington (that I know far too well!) I decided to be bad. I was starving...hadn't eaten since lunch around 12:30 (and it was 7:30 at this point). I decided to make a pit stop...at McDonald's approximately 15 minutes into my drive, in Morton, IL. I had myself convinced that I could be totally bad and order a large fry and a medium chocolate shake...and convinced myself that they were gluten free. I totally devoured them both (well, I couldn't quite finish the shake).
Well, my stomach hurts. DUH! What is the cause? Who knows! Grease? CHECK
Zero nutrative value?! CHECK
Stuffing my face quickly? CHECK
Gluten?????
ALSO FREAKING CHECK
Check out the ingredients in McDonald's French Fries: Potatoes, vegetable oil (canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor [wheat and milk derivatives]*), citric acid (preservative), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (maintain color), salt. Prepared in vegetable oil ((may contain one of the following: Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness), dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent). * CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK (Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients).

SCREW YOU, McDonald's.

...in other news....
it appears that, while CULVER'S hamburger patties are supposedly unsafe for me, McDonald's hamburger patties are A-OK!
Put that in your pipe and smoke it...makes no sense to me!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany