Monday, January 12, 2009

Grilled Cheese....the quest continues!

Well, I bought a loaf of "white sandwich bread" made by Kinnikinnick (purchased from Naturally Yours) the other day (main ingredients include rice flour and tapioca flour). It was six dollars for a rather small loaf consisting of thin, small square slices. Honestly, I wasn't too hopeful...
Today when I came home on lunch break, I tried to make a grilled cheese sandwich. Really, it wasn't terrible. It wasn't the grilled cheese sandwich I was craving, but it wasn't terrible. Honestly, next time I think I will make some tomato soup to go with it and it might help mask the taste/texture.
The bread has to stay in the freezer, which is somewhat of a pain. I understand that it will help it last longer (especially considering the fact that it will take me forever to consume the entire loaf, small as it may be)...but it's hard to separate the pieces without microwave thawing (and lately I'm on a microwave hating kick...but that's another story entirely!).
Small steps!!! It wasn't a complete success, but it wasn't an utter failure, either! :)

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany