Monday, January 5, 2009

Lovin' me some Flat Top Grill!

Flat Top Grill is a new somewhat-obsession of mine! On Saturday, December 6th I met up with an Augustana professor/friend, Kathy Jakielski, for some chatting and Christmas shopping in Peoria. When deciding where in the area to eat, on a whim, I suggested Flat Top Grill. I have been there in the past (it's a make-your-own-stir fry place) and enjoyed it...and for some reason remembered that they had RICE NOODLES and probably lots of things I'd be able to eat! Well, sure enough...they did! Tons of veggies, meats, rice, rice noodles, and sauces that I can eat! I can eat practically everything there...except the yellow noodles, most of the sauces (they have many, but I can only have 4-5 of them), and the BREAD ( :( Their bread is awesome...a greasy pancake-like thing...YUM!). Well, it was a yummy dinner...and I knew I'd be back...frequently!

Well, Jeremy found out that around Christmas time they had a special...buy $30 worth of gift certificates and receive $20 free. WHAT?! Well, my stocking from him came stuffed with $50 worth of gift certificates from Flat Top (so $50 worth of food there for only $30!!). Also, Jeremy's brother Jon gave me some gift certificates, too, so I had a total of $80 (that we personally only spent $30 on) for Flat Top from Christmas! WOO HOO!

Tonight we ate at Flat Top here in Bloomington with Jeremy's good friend Adam and his wife Ann. I suppose I should say OUR friends Adam and Ann! :) It was delicious!!! I loved it. One of my favorite things is the pineapple in the stir fry...I LOVE hot fruit. I know that might be kinda weird...but I really do!

Jeremy even enjoyed his meal tonight! :) He isn't the biggest fan of Flat Top, and isn't the biggest fan of vegetables in general ;). Well, he filled up his stir fry bowl with just POTATOES, CHEESE, carrots (to feel good about himself? ;) ) and some black-bean garlic sauce...and then had a big huge bowl of beef added to it. Well, he ended up really liking it :). That's a good thing...because we'll most likely be back. When he went up to the line for his second trip, he skipped the carrots ;), and had only POTATOES, TONS OF CHEESE, some black-bean garlic sauce, and tons of beef once again. He liked the second bowl even more. Sigh. ;)

YAHOO for being able to eat nearly everything on the menu...they even have a signal for allergies...you put a special white stick in your bowl to show that you would like your meal cooked in a separate clean wok instead of on the huge flat top grill with the rest of everyones' stir frys...so you won't get cross contamination during the cooking process! It's great!

I love Flat Top Grill!

Oh, and I should mention, too, that we had a great time with our friends! They moved to Brooklyn in August, so we don't have the opportunity to see them much :). They both have parents still here in Bloomington, though, so they have multiple reasons to visit :)

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany