Friday, February 6, 2009

Shout Out! :)

The other day, my friend Abbey (a fellow SLP) sent me an e-mail at work asking me about what I could/couldn't eat...pertaining to getting me a "special" meal for her wedding reception in May! How amazingly sweet and kind was that?! She is so thoughtful...another reason I love where I work. I work with some really special, kind people :). Thanks, Abbey!

Also, similarly, an old friend, Rosalee, sent me a text this week saying "gluten free meal coming your way on April 18th!" April 18th is her wedding day (I am a bridesmaid!)...and she met with the caterers recently and they told her that a gluten free meal wouldn't be a problem.

Yahoo for wonderful friends...and yahoo for not just picking at lettuce leaves at their wedding receptions :). We have a couple more weddings this spring (Jeremy's friend Kelly (May), Jeremy's friend Scott (June...and we have to travel all the way to CA for this one! Jeremy is a groomsman), and Jeremy's friend Ken)....I haven't decided how to address these issues. In my trusty Gluten Free Bible, Jax Peters Lowell tells the reader to address these issues with the bride/groom and that in most cases it really isn't a big deal at all. The other option is just to eat beforehand ;). How uncomfortable, though, must that conversation be! A wedding is SO not about the guests...it's about the bride and groom! I hate to be the person to add one more concern to their plates on that special day.

Sigh. We'll see...

1 comment:

Rosalee said...

I have an idea for your next blog entry... a list of your favorite snack and appetizer foods! I can look up a list of appropriate foods, but it would be better if you tell me which ones yooooou like! Mmmm kay?

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany