Tuesday, February 3, 2009

approaching 4 months

Well, we are quickly approaching the 4-month monthly "anniversary" (if you can even call it that...which you really can't) of my being gluten free. Yahoo for me ;). I did survive my first vacation, albeit just a mini-vacation. We got back from North Carolina and a visit to Jeremy's parents' new home out there around 4:30 yesterday afternoon. I did pretty well (GI-wise) until yesterday...on the plane...of course. It wasn't necessarily the most fun flying experience of my life, but it could've been a LOT worse.
Jeremy's mom did do a great job of having lots of gluten free food/snacks around the house for me...rice/almond crackers, rice pasta, pistachios, fresh fruit. I did survive! OH, and I did make some delicious gluten-free brownies, my favorite yet in fact! I will post about those later, as I need to get ready for work...but just thought I'd drop off a quick post before that. Happy February!
Hey did that darn groundhog see his shadow yesterday or not? I forgot to even pay attention! ;) Oh well, I can't even remember what it means if he does/doesn't...one way means more winter and one means spring comes soon, I think. Who knows! ;)
Have a wonderful day, all!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany