Monday, February 9, 2009

Swinger's Grille

Friday night, Jeremy and I met up with his dad and brother at Swinger's Grille in Normal...we had never been there before and it was fun to try someplace new. I realize the name sounds somewhat trashy...it is actually attached to a golf store and driving range, hence the "swinger's" reference. :)
After, of course, conversing with our waiter about my gluten/wheat issues, I enjoyed a side Caesar salad...and instead of the "no croutons" as I requested...it came complete with a Parmesan-crisp "crouton"...gluten free and delicious!! For my entree, I had salmon on a bed of pureed sweet potatoes with a apple cider reduction glaze and baked apples on top. It was phenomenal! I really, really enjoyed it...how fun to try somewhere new that had entrees as unique as this one!
We would definitely return to this restaurant...and I think it is the kind of place that I would bring out-of-town guests to!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany