Monday, February 16, 2009

Snack foods?

Ok, the Merry Masticator (whom I suspect to be my good friend Rosalee...who else would call themselves that?!) requested in a comment on a previous post that I post a list of my favorite GF snack foods.....so here we go! A lovely list of delicious crappy snack foods a Celiac (or a normal person!) can enjoy!

~Basically any 100% corn chips. Tostitos are easily accessible. I try to get brands that say they are non GMO and crap like that...but, quite honestly, it's usually easiest to get Tostitos so that's what I do most of the time! I do enjoy blue corn chips the best, but like I said...it's usually easiest to just find Tostitos.

~I enjoy said chips with a variety of things...CHEESE (nachos) is always a good start. I can't have lots of the canned nacho cheese stuff (many have gluten and/or MSG)...so I go for the "real" stuff. I also love hummus and refried beans. All delicious and GF.

~ICE CREAM! Many ice creams with no obvious gluten (cookies, brownies, cones, etc) are ok...but I always check to be sure. For example, Breyer's vanilla and mint chocolate chip are both all good.

~Candy: Swedish fish, sour patch kids, York peppermint patties, peanut butter/peanut/plain M & Ms, Raisnets

~Pistachios! (a new obsession...YUM!)...also any other nuts are good, too

~Stretch Island fruit leather

~Larabars

~fresh/frozen/dried fruits...grapes, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, Craisins, raisins...anything, really!

~carrot sticks with hummus

~THINK brand bars (nut and fruit concoctions)

~kettle cooked (no reason really, other than they are greasy and delicious!) potato chips

~Daisy brand sour cream (some other brands are ok as well, but this one stands out in my mind)
~Gluten Free Pantry brownies and muffins (mix available in the cake mix aisle at wal mart!) Their muffins are seriously to die for...Jer even loves them!

I am salivating! ;) (AND I sound like an absolute fatty!!)

Is that enough ideas, Merry Masticator?!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany